Monday, April 13, 2009

Rocking along on the dating train, but wait, I get motion sick

This weekend I bit the bullet and reposted my profile on match.com. I'm here to tell you that dating is high maintenance y'all. People are emailing and winking and I'm trying to decide how much of this I really want to get into. I'm hearing from people that I went out with a year and half ago. People that I did not like then and I don't find them much more appealing now. It's stressful.

So, back to Saturday. It was Saturday afternoon and I was trying to figure out what the heck to do with my evening. I really wanted to go see my favorite band but I had no one to go with. I was emailing with -Hhmmm, what to call him? For now we'll call him ShyGuy - ShyGuy who asked if I'd like to go see this band and I about jumped out of my chair. I said yes not so much because I wanted to meet ShyGuy but more because of the band and the hot lead singer and the fun and YAY!

ShyGuy was very sweet and fun to talk to and we both thoroughly enjoyed the band. He was good looking. He was also terribly nervous. It was almost painful. And yet he was so sweet. I have to admit that I'm torn here. I'm a pretty forward woman. I'm outgoing and strong minded. Most recently, I was called "a force to be reconed with" and I am pretty sure that was meant as a compliment. As such, I have been known to bulldoze right over a man if he isn't strong enough to handle me. That sounds weird but it is true. I think that ShyGuy might fall into the catagory of too sweet and too nice and too shy. I think that I might walk all over him and that would be no fun for either one of us. At the same time, he was sweet and nice and fun. I'm not sure if I should give it another shot assuming that he was just nervous because it was a first date and I looked HOT. Oh yes, I did. To make matters even more confusing:
He has a crazy ex-wife and a situation that is similar to SM's except that ShyGuy has primary custody because his ex-wife is really crazy. Do I want to get caught up in that again when my heart isn't already invested?

I wish this were the fun dating story like BAMBAMBAM The ManureMan or TheGuyWhoCutUpDeadPeople or OldManButt or GigglyChick or the DudeWhoWasLikeAChick.

Hopefully we'll get more funny stories soon because I'm definitely not ready for the serious stuff.

Bring on more WerewolfGuys and SelfTannerDudes.


____________________________________
Creative Commons License

6 comments:

Bill said...

Give ShyGuy another chance. I was SuperShyGuy when I met my wife, and her getting me to go out with her was the best thing that ever happened!

Lots of ShyGuys need a "force to be reckoned with" to balance them out! Just go a teeny bit easy on him at first. :)

Bill said...

I just read your previous post, too...I didn't stand 8 feet away from my wife on our first date, but I did sit all the way on the other end of the couch hugging the armrest! Are you sure you aren't dating me 15 years ago? *laugh*

Christy said...

Hmmm I'd say give him another chance if you're at all interested. And let us know how it goes!

Anonymous said...

wow! I found a very cool website for Bikers, http://www.BikerSingle.com

SP said...

We're giving it another shot. I'll keep ya posted.

Unknown said...

wow...I can't even BEGIN to imagine going out there to date again, however it is good blog material. ;)