Monday, November 5, 2007

Ode to a commode


In an attempt to make Steph seem less freaky (although she is a freak in the most fantastic and fabulous and wonderful ways. Really, she is one of my favoritest people in the whole wide world.) I’ve decided to join her in the bathroom-picture-posting thing. Only, I’ve never been one to do things half-assed. So, I’m not just posting a picture of my bathroom, I’m posting a picture of my TOILET. Can you handle it?




I have to admit that I had a very long post about my luurrrve for this toilet seat (It cups the bottom ever so perfectly, and we all want our bottom cupped) at my last blog home. But, I ran away from that home, hoping my parents and ex-inlaws don’t find me. So, you can’t see that post. I know you’re disappointed. You’ll get over it, I promise. After all, if I continued over there, with the mom and the ex-mom-in-law, I couldn’t post things like: WTF Married Men or Threesomes or Man-boys… or all the other great things I have planned for us, my luscious internet lovers.

Umm, ok, back to the toilet.
It was Halloween last week. Did you know that? We had been celebrating Halloween in my house for several weeks, and I like me some Halloween so I was happy as a clam (or a super sexy devil with a sparkly pitch fork and pierced horns *snicker* I just said pierced horns). BUT (of course there’s a but. This is a toilet post. How could there not be a but(t)?) but my happyclamyness was disturbed by a phone call Wednesday afternoon. It was the school nurse. Thing2 was in her office puking. While driving from my office to the school I started to get mommy-guilt. Poor baby was sick and if that wasn’t sad enough, he was going to have to miss trick-or-treating because he was sick. Oh the horror for my poor sweet and innocent child. Then I was greeted by a laughing school nurse who informed me that the 5, yes 5, puking boys in her office were there because they were having a contest to see who would puke first from eating candy at their Halloween party. In an instant, the mommy-guilt was flushed away like the sugary chunks these boys had been spewing. The little shit! He puked once more at home and was great after that. So I let him go trick-or-treating. Why? Because Mommy wants some chocolate, and he shares better than Thing1.

My only regret… I forgot to ask if he won or not.

No comments: