Thursday, January 15, 2009

What's in a name



Because I can't think when my brain is FROZEN by the -35 degree wind chills, I'm going to pass you off to someone else today.

Girl's Gone Child is one of my new favorite reads. She's smart, sassy and at times brutally honest enough to make you uncomfortable. Make me squirm GGC, I love it!

My must-have-another-baby thing is finally simmering down; although I do still daydream about my beautiful little blonde princesses; Raelyn Hope, Riley Joy and Sophie Grace. These names are important to me for some reason, particularly Raelyn Hope. When I met MyHope 14 years ago I knew that if I ever had a little girl, her middle name would be Hope. It had to be. It was the only thing it could be. Hope is such an integral part of who I am and how I live my life. And MyHope is that freaking awesome! I think that names can be powerful. They don't have to be, but they can be, at least to the people who understand the depth and meaning intended. You give a child a name. It is a GIFT. To give a child Hope, Joy and Grace has to be what every parent dreams of, right?

No comments: