Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Brought to you by the letter P

I take rural-suburban back roads to and from work. Houses and mini-neighborhoods are mingled in with small private farms along the 16.2 miles I drive each way each day. It’s a beautiful commute. The traffic is less stressful than the interstate and actually much faster. – There are two exceptions to this general rule: Planting Season and Harvest. I can generally avoid the school buses and Farmer Bob’s* tractor by leaving no later than 7:00. However, this morning I was running late. The drive was slower. There were more cars to annoy the ever-loving crap out of me. I forgot to turn on the coffee maker. I was GRUMPY!

And then I saw:
1) Little Billy* waiting for the bus, taking a wiz on Little Jenny’s* backpack.
2) Farmer Bob* taking a leak off the side of his tractor.

Suddenly the grumpiness was gone. I once again recognized the beauty of my drive *snicker*.
I might have to be late more often.

Oh, and for those of you who are concerned about the well-being of my co-workers, I picked up a cup of coffee on my way into town.

* Names have probably been changed to protect the little pissers, but maybe not.

No comments: