Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A - An Abomination

My inner word geek is all itchy and twitch.

Most (all) of you will probably get 3 sentences into this, roll your eyes and just click away. I'm alright with that. You don't have to read it but I do have to vent.

H-words can be complicated I suppose. The H sound can be soft or hard (like the C sound). And perhaps that can cause confusion for some people. But seriously folks. All the talk about Honor and Hope and Historic with the election coverage is making me cringe.

Please write this down. It's:
AN honor (pronounced ahner - a vowel sound)
A historic (pronounced hhhhistoric - a consonant sound)
A hope (pronounced hhhhope - a consonant sound)
An honest (pronounced ahnest - a vowel sound)
A Horse (pronounced hhhhorse - a consonant sound)

Seriously, quit making my ears bleed!
And yes, I am that much of a nerd.

No comments: