Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Boys boys boys...

THIS cracked my shit up!

I'm so glad I have boys. This is the kind of stuff I can deal with: Beans and franks issues, booger and fart jokes, puking from eating too much candy, and other icky things. Yep, that's right up my alley. A girlfriend called me the other night to tell me that her daughter (who is 12, same as Thing1) came home from school in tears. T.E.A.R.S. because she had the wrong color lip gloss and because of this, no friends. What?? I just don't get it.

Boys may be icky, but girls... well, we're just nuts!

2 comments:

XUP said...

Can we talk? I have a 14-year-old daughter. Every hair clip, sock and undergarment have to be just-so. It's all vitally important. The universe will definitely stop spinning if she should EVER go to school with even a hint of frizz in her hair. On the other hand, she doesn't chuck footballs around the house; she doesn't come home with bugs or frogs or muddy clothes. I don't have to get up at 5:00 am and take her to hockey practice; I'm allowed to hug and kiss her in public; and we can go shopping together!

SP said...

UP,
I like to borrow other people's daughters. I'm a whore that way I guess. I want the fun without the long term emotional (abuse? damage?) commitment.

I still get hugs and lovin from my boys. We'll see how long it lasts.